We're helping children thrive.
The ECLT Foundation funds and operates projects in tobacco-growing communities worldwide to help end child labour.
Each project is:
And each project addresses the ECLT Foundation’s five strategic objectives:
We work in targeted areas—with multiple stakeholders specific to each community—to do whatever it takes to address the root causes of child labour.
Key Intervention Projects (KIPs) help ECLT and its stakeholders to develop new ways to build steps towards the mission of eliminating child labour in tobacco growing communities.
Read about our work in our Project Countries throughout the world.
- To determine how to fund our projects:
- We identify tobacco-growing areas most in need.
- We assess the extent of child labour in these areas, and what is being done—and what needs to be done—to end it.
- We take into account each community’s social and economic context, cultural diversity, and national and international laws governing child labour.
- We partner with the most qualified local organizations, institutions, and stakeholders to conduct sustainable projects to eliminate child labour in tobacco growing.